Frequency CappingYou can limit the maximum number of impressions that a visitor can see an ad within a period of time. A special case of frequency capping is time capping. In addition to impression frequency capping, you can set a click frequency cap to limit a visitor from clicking on the ad too many times. This feature requires the use of a browser's cookie to keep track of the number of impressions. A cookieless option is available upon request.
Example3 views per visitor per 24-hour means that after viewing this ad 3 times, the visitor will not see it again for at least 24 hours.
Example - Time-Sensitive CouponIf a supermarket ad features a coupon that can be used by the first 100 visitors in a day, the maximum number of impressions per visitor can be set to 1 to ensure the ad can reach 100 different visitors rather than serving multiple impressions of the coupon to the same visitor.
Zone/Group/Campaign Frequency CappingAn impression-based frequency cap restriction can be applied to any individual ad, a zone, a group or a campaign. For example: a campaign/group has 3 ads: A, B and C. The frequency capping for this campaign/group is 10 views per day. Once a visitor views any of the ads (A, B or C) 10 times, these 3 ads will not be displayed to this visitor until a day later.
Other Articles in Ad Targeting using Restrictions
Learn about ad targeting and restrictions ad serving such as frequency capping, geo-targeting, quota, roadblock, flight date, etc.
- Ad Budget and Ad Rates
- Audience Session Targeting
- Companion & Competitive Positioning
- Geolocation API
- Maximum/Target Quotas
- Proactive Targeting and Passive Restriction
- Restriction Status Notification
- Restrictions for an ad, zone, campaign or group
- Schedule Settings for Restriction
- Share of Voice - Share of Impression
- Start/End Date
- Target ads by placement URL or referring URL
- Target ads by visitor city, group of cities or within a radius
- Target ads by visitor country
- Target ads by visitor language
- Target Keywords
- Time Capping
- Visitor IP Address
- Wizard for setting up restrictions
Cannot find an answer for your question? Ask our Customer Care team
- Time Capping
"This is a special case of Frequency Capping when you don't want a visitor to see the same ad again ..."
- Gross Impression and Unique Impression
"An ad impression, also known as an ad view, is a single instance of a single advertisement appearance. One visitor ..."
- Ad Targeting
"By applying targeting criteria, you can target, control, restrict and limit ad delivery to your desirable visitors. Below is the ..."
- Gross Click and Unique Click
"Similar to impressions, a raw/gross click is counted every time a visitor clicks on the ad. It includes duplications and ..."
- What are the protections against click fraud?
"Our ad server employs many techniques to prevent false and invalid clicks to ensure accurate reporting. Some of them are ..."