Advice for a new websiteIf you have a new website and are new to online advertising, we offer some basic tips to earn advertising revenue to support your business. We recommend you to take a moment to read through our blog series on this topic:
- 10 Benefits of Using an Ad Server
- How to find advertisers for your website or blog?
- How much to charge for advertising on your website?
- Selling ad directly vs. selling through ad networks
All advertisers want quality traffic, not just a huge amount of traffic. Therefore, you want to have more website visitors and also more activities from these visitors. The website needs to offer something unique, useful, entertaining and value-added so that people keep coming back and even get more involved with it. This is imperative in order for your business to sustain itself and then grow.
Of equal importance is getting feedback from real clients. Your clients include visitors, members and advertisers. Ask you visitors, members and advertisers for their sincere opinions and constructive suggestions about your concept, your mission/vision and more specifically, the website itself.
Once the basics have been mastered, there are some more advanced things you can do to increase your advertising revenue. Placing your advertisements in optimal locations and making use of ad serving features such as advertisement targeting are a couple of ways of accomplishing such an increase. Take a look at the following blogs when you feel you have mastered some of the basic mentioned above:
- 5 ways to earn more advertising revenue
"Increasing ad earnings is an important goal for website owners that want to monetize their traffic through advertising. By generating more revenue from advertising, businesses can offset the costs of running their websites, spend more on content generation, marketing and even turn a profit. " More
- How to find more advertisers for your website
"Any website that relies on advertising revenue needs to consistently expand and renew its database of ads. A website that is phenomenally popular and has high quality traffic in a given niche can attract many advertisers without even trying. " More
- When should I start placing advertisements on my website?
"New website owners often struggle with the decision on the timing of their first ad placement. Although there is no definitive amount of time that you should wait before placing ads on your site, there are some important things you should consider. " More
- Issues for publishers with wrong ads showing on their websites
- Issues for publishers with wrong ads showing on their websites (part 2)
- How many ad placements should you have in your email newsletter?
- Basic ad serving metrics: impressions, clicks and click-thru rate
- Serving ads during the re-opening phase
- Advantages of a self-service ad serving program for publishers
- Tips to manage multiple ads effectively in your ad server
- Advantages of a hosted ad server